[bioontology-support] Feedback

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 16 21:50:22 PDT 2011

Updates:
- I removed the Explore link from BioPortal production, leaving the BAO file available for download
- BioPortal uses Protege 3.4.5 in the backend, and in comparing BAO in Protege 3.4.5 versus Protege 4.1 the hierarchy errors appear to be due to differences between these versions of Protege. I have submitted a bug on this for the developers to investigate further
- Can you send a few examples of imported / linked external classes from GO and NCBO that are shown by ID, and not the label?

On Mar 16, 2011, at 9:26 PM, Stephan Schurer PhD wrote:

> This is a question for Trish. I also checked the consistency with the
> reasoners. I guess Trish is already looking into this.
> Trish, let us know if we can check anything on our side or if there
> are debugging tools at NCBO. Also, is there some testing site to
> upload. With this we can just try a few things / versions w/o having
> to show it publicly. It is strange that just this class was messed up.
> It would be relevant to check if this behavior is reproducible or not.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephan
>
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Saminda Abeyruwan <samindaa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> BAO ontology reasoned with all consistencies checked through Pellet / Pellet
>> (incremental) and Hermit 1.3.x. This implies that the DL is consistent with
>> the models.
>> Is there a way to get debug/loading etc information from NCBO folks.
>> Sam
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 10:57 PM, Vempati, Uma <UVempati at med.miami.edu>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Stephan,
>>> I see the same problems that you pointed out. Sam can you comment if the
>>> display of BAO at NCBO BioPortal
>>> (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/visualize/45388) has anything to do with
>>> the modeling of BAO? Or is it an error generated during parsing?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Uma