[bioontology-support] BioPortal ontology groups

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 18 00:42:51 PDT 2011

Hi Clement and Stefan,

I've had to look up this information from various sources since I do not have previous background knowledge of the WHO-FIC. Below are the actions I have taken thus far and additional comments.

> We were looking at the group structure on BioPortal the other day with Pr. Stefan Darmoni (Rouen School of Medicine)…
> And we figure out maybe some bugs:
> 1.       Should WHO, ICD10PCS, ICD10 and ICD10CM be in the “WHO-FIC” group ?

- WHO Adverse Reaction Terminology - added to WHO-FIC group
- ICD10 - added to WHO-FIC group
- ICD10PCS - The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) are responsible for overseeing all changes and modifications to the ICD-10 (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/2009AB/ICD10PCS/). I'm not sure if this is officially in the WHO-FIC.
- ICD10-CM - The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) are the U.S. governmental agencies responsible for overseeing all changes and modifications to the ICD-10-CM. I'm not sure if this is officially in the WHO-FIC.

> 2.       For sure ICF must be in that group.
- added to WHO-FIC group

> 3.       Should ICD10CM, CSP, HCPCS,  NCIM, VANDF be in the “UMLS” group ?

- ICD10CM - added to UMLS group
- CSP -  added to UMLS group
- HCPCS -  added to UMLS group
- NCIM - the NCI Metathesaurus is analagous to the UMLS, the NCI is in the UMLS but I don't see the NCIM listed
- VANDF - added to UMLS group

Best regards,
Trish

Trish Whetzel, PhD