[bioontology-support] Feedback

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Sun Mar 20 22:56:03 PDT 2011

Dear Christian,

> I just uploaded a new version of my ontology (ID 1407). There are two issues with the explorer:
>
> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/visualize/45370
>
> 1) There is a class 'owl:IrreflexiveProperty' which is not in the original ontology. How could I get rid of this class?

Protege 3.4.x is used as the backend for OWL ontologies in BioPortal and in Protege 3.4.x 'owl:IrreflexiveProperty' is displayed. However this class is hidden from the display in Protege 4.x.

> 2) The ID of the terms is in the form "teddy:TEDDY_0000000", which is a little bit redundant. How could I change the IDs to something like "TEDDY_0000000"?

I believe displaying the namespace abbreviation is default for BioPortal. However, by using the full URI as the designation of the property containing the display name, the tree hierarchy can be displayed with the labels.