[bioontology-support] synonym property URI

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Sat Mar 26 10:29:44 PDT 2011

>> As admin, I specified in the BioPortal metadata that the synonym property for HAO is: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/IAO_0000118. If you need to make any changes of this type in the future, either you or Matt can login to Edit the Metadata for HAO.
>
> Thank you - I didn't realize these could be edited. That's good to know.

The properties used for the preferred name of the term, synonym, definition, and author can all be specified. You can use the Web service call to see the ontology metadata, e.g. for the latest version of the ontology [1] to see what properties are specified. For HAO, the call is:
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/virtual/ontology/1362?email=example@example.org

>> I also submitted a bug report related to the synonyms for HAO not being available from the Form autocomplete widget.
>
> Great. I just tried it again since I suspected it was linked to the above change, but it still doesn't seem to be working.

The search index is not picking up the synonym property, which is mentioned in the bug report.

Trish

[1] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services#Get_latest_version_of_an_ontology_id