[bioontology-support] Ontology not available

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 19 13:00:45 PDT 2011

James,

I took a look at the ontology and it appears as though there are some
properties and individuals of owl:Thing that are causing problems for
us. Specifically, there's an individual "Thing" with type "Thing" and
possibly a declaration that says "Thing has rdf:type Thing". I'm not an
OWL expert, but I don't see these on previous versions of your ontology
or on other OWL ontologies we have in the system. Can you let us know if
these are intentional and necessary for the ontology?

Thanks,
Paul R Alexander
Web / UI Developer
NCBO BioPortal