[bioontology-support] Get term root path

Pradnya Gawade pgawade at openclinica.com
Thu Oct 27 11:03:07 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am using a web service to get paths to root/leaves from a concept
specified at following:

http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_REST_services#Get_a_
path_between_a_term_and_the_root

My question is related to the different response I get for different
terms. I tried searching a term "Headache" in MedDRA and get the correct
value of path as "10029205.10019231.10019233". But when I search some
terms like "Eye pain" or "Eyelid pain" which I see present in the MedDRA
when I browse through BioPortal but the web service returns response
some thing like following where it indicated success but no data is
included:

<success>

<accessedResource>/bioportal/virtual/rootpath/1422/10015919</accessedRes
ource>

            <accessDate>2011-10-27 10:52:47.337 PDT</accessDate>

            -

            <data>

                        <list/>

            </data>

</success>

Has any body else observed the same behavior? Any idea what could be
happening here?

Thank you,

Pradnya