[bioontology-support] NCBO annotator

Melanie Courtot mcourtot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 08:58:35 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying out the annotator; just starting, so fairly basic test.

Right now, I just want to get an idea of how the annotation is done and what I could get back, and generally check it works out as expected.

My test is selecting the AERO ontology, and entering a text such as "a vaccine adverse event was reported. a seizure happened, including motor manifestations"

I expected it to tag "seizure", AERO_0000017, as well as "adverse event", AERO_0000009 - both terms being in the version loaded on BioPortal. I didn't get anything. Adding AEO into the list of sources, I detect "adverse event" from the AEO (see attached screenshot), which seems to indicate that the text is properly parsed and that the issue is with AERO. Do you know if it is because AERO is not loaded properly for some reason, or something else?

Thanks,
Melanie