[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] HOM-UPENN_EPICMEDS Parsing Was Successful

Mobed, Ketty Ketty.Mobed at ucsf.edu
Mon Apr 2 19:01:58 PDT 2012

Hi Trish,

something quite strange has occurred the last 2 times I uploaded the same ontology.
The first time I uploaded it the NCBO url was http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/HOM-UPENN-MEDS . But after opening it up, I couldn't get to the summary page and get the ontology ID.

I also saw an error in the ontology tree. So I created the ontology owl file in Protege again and made sure that it looked okay and then I uploaded it again to BP (as a new ontology), as I couldn't upload it as a revision to the first one, because I wasn't able to recover the first one by name (HOM-UPENN-MEDS).

Again the second time I wasn't able to find it by ontology name (HOM-UPENN_EPICMEDS) and only found it with the url http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/3027 . But funny thing again also was that even though the owl file in Protege looked fine, the ontology in BP had this extra parent node LISINOPRIL-.... that I didn't see in the original owl file and is an error.

So I am at a loss of why this happened. Do you think that the problem may be in the owl file creation in Protege? I will try one more time. In the meantime could you please delete the 2 above name ontologies in BP.

Thanks,

Ketty

'It's the little things that matter'

Ketty Mobed, PhD