[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Maxwell Neal

support at bioontology.org support at bioontology.org
Wed Apr 4 16:04:49 PDT 2012

Name: Maxwell Neal

Email: mneal at uw.edu

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/

Comment:
Hi!

I'm the primary developer of SemGen, a program that uses BioPortal webservices to annotate biosimulation models. I've recently noticed that some of the REST queries I've sent out no longer return information from ontologies.  Previously I was able to get a result with this REST URL

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/CHEBI%3A29108?ontologyids=1007&isexactmatch=0&apikey=c4192e4b-88a8-4002-ad08-b4636c88df1a

but now no ontology terms are returned.  If I use the following URL instead (replace %3A with a blank space), I get a result.

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/CHEBI 29108?ontologyids=1007&isexactmatch=0&apikey=c4192e4b-88a8-4002-ad08-b4636c88df1a

Any chance you could switch things back so that the former query returns the same result as the latter?

Many thanks!

Max