[bioontology-support] BioPortal ECO page updates required

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 5 17:08:26 PDT 2012

> I work on the Evidence Ontology (also known as the evidence code
> ontology, or ECO). I have registered with BioPortal (mchibucos), and I
> would be grateful if you could help me address two issues. (I am cc'ing
> Trish, with whom I have discussed issue number two below.)
>
> 1. How can I be "in charge" of this ontology and project, for
> administrative purposes? I want to be able to change the homepage,
> update the contact information and so forth. (Michelle Giglio, the
> current contact for ECO, is my supervisor, and I am the main developer
> and do all the administration for this project.)

When you login with the username "mchibucos" you should be able to see the "Administer" tab on ECO Summary page [1] and edit the metadata.

> 2. I have discussed with Chris Mungall, and the PURL should be:
> http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ECO_0000000
> Can you please update this purl?

Paul, can you update information so that the Full Id is displayed using the pattern above?

> 3. In playing around while setting up my account, I created a Project
> "Evidence Ontology" and this is shown as a project that is using ECO.
> Can I delete this newly created project, as I think I created it in error?

Yes, I believe that once you are logged in you can then delete the project.

Trish

[1] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/1012