[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Lori Phillips

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 9 08:16:23 PDT 2012

Hi Lori,

The widgets on BioPortal use Javascript and each ontology has a "Widgets" page that displays the widget along with a "Get Code" button with instructions on how to implement the feature within your own web site. For example, the Widgets page for SNOMED-CT is at:
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/1353/?p=widgets. Note, the "Jump To" Widget provides the Autocomplete function with a button to Jump to BioPortal to view more details about the Term. The "Form Autocomplete" widget only has the autocomplete functionality.

Trish

On Apr 9, 2012, at 8:04 AM, support at bioontology.org wrote:

> Name: Lori Phillips
>
> Email: lcphillips at partners.org
>
> Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies
>
> Comment:
> I read somewhere that the GoTo widget is available for use. I am trying to understand the technology it uses (java?) and how easy or difficult it would be to incorporate into my application.  I am trying to emulate the GoTo functionality where the user enters text, gets a list of terms to select and then the selected term shows up in the (expanded) tree. Any insight on this would be helpful.

Trish Whetzel, PhD
Outreach Coordinator
Ph: 650-721-2378
http://www.bioontology.org