[bioontology-support] Questions about eagle-i on bioportal.

Carlo Torniai torniai at ohsu.edu
Thu Apr 12 12:40:04 PDT 2012

I have few questions.

Yesterday we released a new version of our ontology

I was checking today on bioportal in order to update with the new release and with my surprise I've noticed that the page reports not only a new release but a bunch of other changes to our previous release that we never made.

Now I would like  to understand where the list of versions is coming from.
Because for the release what we do is JUST to redirect
http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ero.owl to the latest released version in our SVN (as other ontolgies such Obi or uberon do) have done this JUST yesterday.
So what are all the other versions that bioportal is showing on our page?

Like this one:
2012-03-02<http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/47195?p=terms>   04/08/2012      04/08/2012      Ontology<http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/ontologies/download/47195?apikey=4ea81d74-8960-4525-810b-fa1baab576ff&userapikey=a92e4ab2-f2d5-4822-a2f0-7db7a5f96ef3>

Where they come from? We really don't want them there.
If you please can explain to me what's the process that bioportal goes through and if there is something we should do in order to have JUST the actual released version.

Another thing:
Now I've noticed that there is a funky display of dc: in the root of bioportal ontology browser.
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/47218?p=terms

It wasn’t' there before and we haven't change anything related to it. Also no versions of protégé are showing it (under thing we just have ObsoleteClass and entity).

Do you have any idea why this is showing up?
Thanks for your help,

Dr. Carlo Torniai
Assistant Professor
Ontology Development Group, OHSU Library
http://tinyurl.com/ondevgroup
Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology
Oregon Health & Science University

Skype:ctorniai
503-418-2499