[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ranjana Srivastava

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Sun Apr 15 07:33:37 PDT 2012

Using the "Submit New Version" option and uploading the RDF/XML file resulted in the proper display of the root nodes of the ontology in BioPortal as compared to the display in Protege 4.1. I've recreated these steps on the Production instance of BioPortal. Can you review this new version to confirm it looks ok?

What property is used to display the preferred name of terms? This metadata is not specified in BioPortal for this ontology.  Also, the Full Id for terms [1] does not seem to exist.

Trish

[1] http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1310048037.owl

On Apr 15, 2012, at 12:10 AM, Trish Whetzel wrote:

> Hi Ranjana,
>
> Did you upload these other versions as new versions of the Pediatric Terminology on the production BioPortal site? I've downloaded the 1.1 version and saved this as RDF/XML in Protege 4.1 and uploaded to the staging server to investigate further.
>
> Trish
>

> On Apr 10, 2012, at 3:18 AM, support at bioontology.org wrote:
>

>> Name: Ranjana Srivastava
>>
>> Email: srivastava_ranjana at bah.com
>>
>> Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/1640
>>
>> Comment:
>> I submitted a new version of the ontology on 3/25/12. I do not see it correctly on the browser(shows just one class owl: DataProperty). The ontology was saved as RDF/XML.
>> Next, I edited the version I had uploaded earlier (1.0) and saved as rdf/XML and re-uploaded to BioPortal.
>> None of these methods worked.

Trish Whetzel, PhD
Outreach Coordinator
Ph: 650-721-2378