[bioontology-support] BAO 1.6

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 16 02:48:57 PDT 2012

Hi Stephan,

As far as pre-viewing the ontology, in some cases we have loaded the ontology to the staging server. However, this is not the best solution overall.  Ray, do you have suggestions on more robust mechanisms to handle pre-viewing new ontology versions before the new version is made public or would you expect that as we move to the triple-store backend that this will become a non-issue?

Trish

On Apr 16, 2012, at 2:14 AM, Stephan Schurer PhD wrote:

> Thank you! I need to find a better way to preview how the ontology gets displayed in the bioportal.
> Stephan
>
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Trish Whetzel <whetzel at stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Version 47196 is now removed.
>
> Trish
>

> On Apr 12, 2012, at 8:55 PM, Stephan Schurer PhD wrote:
>
>> Hallo, I uploaded a new version 1.6. Can you please delete the Bioportal entry BAO 1.6 uploaded 04/09/2012:
>> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/1533
>> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/47196?p=terms
>>
>> Thank you and sorry for the trouble.
>>
>> Stephan
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Stephan Schurer PhD <stephan.schurer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear BioPortal support,
>>
>> I need to replace the BAO 1.6 version. We had two labels, but it looks bad when parsed in bioportal. Please see email below.
>> If you can delete version 1.6, I will upload again.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Stephan
>>
>> P.S. Is there a good way to check prior to upload to the portal how the parsed ontology will show. There are always some subtle differences to Protege.

Trish Whetzel, PhD
Outreach Coordinator
Ph: 650-721-2378
http://www.bioontology.org