[bioontology-support] Mapping Webservice down?

Hannah Tipney hannah.x.tipney at gsk.com
Thu Apr 19 03:07:39 PDT 2012

Hi,
Sorry to bother you, but I've been having problems with the Mapping webservice for the last two days.
PERL scripts I have, and also the demo Mapping PERL script (extract_mappings.pl) from the NCBO cookbook no longer make successful calls ("Mappings web service call unsuccessful") has something changed?

print STDERR $res->content;  produces "500 read timeout"

I have tried calling it from a couple different servers located both in the US and UK, but get the same error. It could be something odd with our firewall, but I wanted to check in with you first as calls to Annotator and Search services are still working fine.

Thanks for your help,
Hannah