[bioontology-support] Questions about eagle-i on bioportal.

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 20 14:03:50 PDT 2012

Hi Carlo,

If the ontology is set-up to load from a URL, BioPortal will check the contents of the file at that URL nightly and if a file with new content is found that file will be loaded. It looks like there were some changes in the structure of the ERO SVN directory in between when these two ERO versions were released, which may have caused some issues. Which entries of the "03/02/2012" would you like removed?

As far as displaying "dc:" at the root, I do see that in the 03/02/2012 version and in other OWL ontologies. Paul, do you know if this is something that can be filtered out of the display?

Trish

On Apr 12, 2012, at 12:40 PM, Carlo Torniai wrote:

> I have few questions.
>
> Yesterday we released a new version of our ontology
> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/3016
>
> I was checking today on bioportal in order to update with the new release and with my surprise I've noticed that the page reports not only a new release but a bunch of other changes to our previous release that we never made.
>
> Now I would like  to understand where the list of versions is coming from.
> Because for the release what we do is JUST to redirect
> http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ero.owl to the latest released version in our SVN (as other ontolgies such Obi or uberon do) have done this JUST yesterday.
> So what are all the other versions that bioportal is showing on our page?
>
> Like this one:
> 2012-03-02	04/08/2012	04/08/2012	Ontology
>
> Where they come from? We really don't want them there.
> If you please can explain to me what's the process that bioportal goes through and if there is something we should do in order to have JUST the actual released version.
>
> Another thing:
> Now I've noticed that there is a funky display of dc: in the root of bioportal ontology browser.
> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/47218?p=terms
>
> It wasn’t' there before and we haven't change anything related to it. Also no versions of protégé are showing it (under thing we just have ObsoleteClass and entity).
>
> Do you have any idea why this is showing up?
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Dr. Carlo Torniai
> Assistant Professor
> Ontology Development Group, OHSU Library
> http://tinyurl.com/ondevgroup
> Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology
> Oregon Health & Science University
>
> Skype:ctorniai
> 503-418-2499

Trish Whetzel, PhD