[bioontology-support] [ncbo-annotator-users] Sample OBA Java client code

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 25 05:26:38 PDT 2012

Hi Samson,

To confirm, yes "1411" is the "ontology id" sometimes also referred to as the virtual ontology identifier and is listed on the ontology summary page for ICF [1] . I'll update the wiki to make this more clear.

As of now, ontology views are not processed for use with the Annotator. Can you expand on your use case for using the Annotator with Views?

Trish

[1] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/1411

On Apr 25, 2012, at 3:44 AM, Clement Jonquet wrote:

> Hi Sanson,
>
> We recommended to use « virtual ontology id » (i.e. an id that do not change across versions) when using the Annotator writing an application that do not care about a specific version. This will free you of going back to your code each time a new version is added to the Annotator backend DB and previous version removed.
>
> The important thing is to let the Annotator know that your ontology ids are “virtual ontology id” by activating having the parameter isVirtualOntologyId=true.
>
> Concerning the views, as far as I know the ontology views are not grabbed in the backend DB.
> In order to avoid having to many annotations generated by the Annotator workflow (also used for the NCBO Resource Index) we have decided in the past to make available only the latest version of ontologies and not views, although it is technically possible. Trish and Ray will confirm if this stamen is still true today.
> I am actually building a version of the Annotator using only views. I can update you on this next week if you want (I will be in Stanford for 2 weeks).
>
> Clement

Trish Whetzel, PhD
Outreach Coordinator
Ph: 650-721-2378