[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Justin Sluka

support at bioontology.org support at bioontology.org
Mon Aug 6 10:52:19 PDT 2012

Name: Justin Sluka

Email: Jsluka at purdue.edu

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/

Comment:
I'm a webdev with the Biocomplexity Institute at Indiana University, and I've got an issue with the BioPortal lookup service.

My issue specifically comes from the use of the tag 'includededefinitions=true'. This causes the lookup service to take an extremely long time to return with the results, and often times just responds with an error.

The error states:

<errorStatus>
<accessedResource>/bioportal/search/</accessedResource>
<accessDate>2012-08-06 10:43:38.612 PDT</accessDate>
<shortMessage>Internal Server Error</shortMessage>
<longMessage>
Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only
</longMessage>
<errorCode>500</errorCode>
</errorStatus>

Can anyone help me figure this out?