[bioontology-support] Search by UMLS CUI

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 14 17:58:54 PDT 2012

François,

The process for searching via a property value like CUI is different
depending on whether or not you are using the REST service or the Web UI.

If you are using the UI, then click "advanced options" and select
"Property values" to include them in your search. Searching on a CUI id
(EX: C0221581) should return matching terms. You can also restrict
results to particular ontologies.

You can achieve the same results on the REST service by using the
"includeproperties" query parameter, documented here:
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_REST_services#Search_BioPortal

Let me know if you have other questions.

Paul