[bioontology-support] Bioportal installation

Konstantinos Giannoutakis kgiannou at iti.gr
Mon Aug 20 05:56:44 PDT 2012

Hi again,

I downloaded the file from the page you mentioned, and tried to open the
.ovf file with VirtualBox manager, but when it starts the following
error appears:

This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU.
Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU.

My CPU is an Intel i5.

Is there any way to install manually the bioportal framework on a PC
without using ready images?

Thank you