[bioontology-support] Bioportal installation

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 20 17:51:35 PDT 2012

Konstantinos,

We don't support installing the software without the use of our
Appliance. However, the all of NCBO's software is open source so you can
definitely give it a shot. Here's information on the main pieces of
software that we write. You'll also need Tomcat, Ruby, Rails, MySQL, and
4store.

https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu/gf/project/bioportal_core/scmsvn/?action=AccessInfo
https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu/gf/project/bioportalui/scmsvn/?action=AccessInfo
https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu/gf/project/obs/scmsvn/?action=AccessInfo

There should be some documentation in the /docs/ folder of each repository.

Paul R Alexander
Senior Software Engineer
NCBO BioPortal