[bioontology-support] [bioontology-webmaster] Bioportal's Ontology tree widget is broken

Michael Shipway mshipwa1 at jhu.edu
Mon Aug 27 15:15:50 PDT 2012

I am getting the error as soon as I clicked the ontology selection
dropdown's arrow.

I just tested the Tree widget on other browsers and another OS and it works
fine there, but still breaks on my original setup.

I apologize for not including my browser and OS in my initial email.

I'm having the trouble on Windows 7 Professional, using Firefox 10.0.2
browser.

This browser has Shockwave Flash version 11.3.300.217 installed, last
updated Aug. 15, 2012.

I know the browser is out of date, but the Tree widget was working on this
configuration earlier (last tested about 2 months ago).

On the same system, so probably the same Flash version, it works in Internet
Explorer 9, version 9.0.8112.16421, Update versions 9.0.9(KB2722913),
with Adobe Flash 11.3.300.271 installed.

This Windows system installed an update package this morning.

It also works on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS using

Firefox 14.0.1 with Adobe Flash Player 1.2.202.238 and

Chrome version 21.0.1180.81 with Adobe Flash Player 11.3.31.230

According to the Adobe web site, the Flash versions on the Linux machine are
up to date, but on the Windows machine both are a little behind and should
be the 11.4.402.265 version.

Michael Shipway-