[bioontology-support] Relation URIs

Lorenz Buehmann buehmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Dec 5 13:15:00 PST 2012

Hi Paul,

thanks for your answer. I guess what you suggest is the service for
getting all properties for an ontology. This properties can than be used
by instances.
What I want to know is, how to handle the relations which are contained
in class beans, e.g.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<success>
  <accessedResource>/bioportal/concepts/44103</accessedResource>
  <accessDate>2010-12-08 16:57:43.763 PST</accessDate>
  <data>
    <classBean>
      <id>O80-O84.9</id>
      <fullId>http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/ICD10/O80-O84.9</fullId>

      <label>Delivery</label>
      <type>Class</type>
      <relations>
        <entry>
          <string>SubClass</string>
          <list>
            <classBean>

              <id>O84</id>

<fullId>http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/ICD10/O84</fullId>
              <label>Multiple delivery</label>
              <type>Class</type>
              <relations>
                <entry>
                  <string>ChildCount</string>

                  <int>5</int>
                </entry>
              </relations>
            </classBean>
            <classBean>
              <id>O83</id>

<fullId>http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/ICD10/O83</fullId>

              <label>Other assisted single delivery</label>
              <type>Class</type>
              <relations>
                <entry>
                  <string>ChildCount</string>
                  <int>7</int>
                </entry>

              </relations>
            </classBean>
            <classBean>
              <id>O82</id>

<fullId>http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/ICD10/O82</fullId>
              <label>Single delivery by caesarean section</label>
              <type>Class</type>

              <relations>
                <entry>
                  <string>ChildCount</string>
                  <int>5</int>
                </entry>
              </relations>
            </classBean>
            <classBean>

              <id>O81</id>

<fullId>http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/ICD10/O81</fullId>
              <label>Single delivery by forceps and vacuum extractor</label>
              <type>Class</type>
              <relations>
                <entry>
                  <string>ChildCount</string>

                  <int>6</int>
                </entry>
              </relations>
            </classBean>
            <classBean>
              <id>O80</id>

<fullId>http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/ICD10/O80</fullId>

              <label>Single spontaneous delivery</label>
              <type>Class</type>
              <relations>
                <entry>
                  <string>ChildCount</string>
                  <int>4</int>
                </entry>

              </relations>
            </classBean>
          </list>
        </entry>
        <entry>
          <string>PAR</string>
          <list>
            <classBean>

              <id>O00-O99.9</id>

<fullId>http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/ICD10/O00-O99.9</fullId>
              <label>Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium</label>
              <type>Class</type>
              <relations>
                <entry>
                  <string>ChildCount</string>

                  <int>8</int>
                </entry>
              </relations>
            </classBean>
          </list>
        </entry>
        <entry>
          <string>ChildCount</string>

          <int>5</int>
        </entry>
        <entry>
          <string>Semantic_Type</string>
          <list>
            <string>Therapeutic or Preventive Procedure</string>
          </list>

        </entry>
        <entry>
          <string>TUI</string>
          <list>
            <string>T061</string>
          </list>
        </entry>
        <entry>

          <string>UMLS_CUI</string>
          <list>
            <string>C0011209</string>
          </list>
        </entry>
        <entry>
          <string>SuperClass</string>

          <list>
            <classBean>
              <id>O00-O99.9</id>

<fullId>http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/ICD10/O00-O99.9</fullId>
              <label>Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium</label>
              <type>Class</type>
              <relations>

                <entry>
                  <string>ChildCount</string>
                  <int>8</int>
                </entry>
              </relations>
            </classBean>
          </list>
        </entry>

      </relations>
    </classBean>
  </data>
</success>

Here we have for example relation entries like SubClass, SuperClass,
PAR, TUI... What is the semantic behind them, and are there some full
URIs? For some of them I guess it is clear, so SubClass is maybe equal
to rdfs:subClassOf, but what about others like PAR, TUI.

Kind regards,
Lorenz

On 05.12.2012 20:11, Paul R Alexander wrote:
> Lorenz,
>
> You can see information about the property ids found in the relation
element by making a separate call using the ontology version id:

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/ontologies/properties/38801?apikey=YourAPIKey

<buehmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
<mailto:buehmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>> wrote:

>> Hello BioPortal developers,
>>
>> I'm currently playing around with the BioPortal REST services, and
now I'm just wondering how it is possible to get the URIs for the
relations which are contained in the relations part, when I for example
use the term service. Is there a preferred namespace for the relations
you provide via the REST service? Or is there somewhere a full list of
possible relations?

<http://aksw.org/>