[bioontology-support] Annotator query

Meng, Fan mengf at umich.edu
Wed Dec 12 12:49:26 PST 2012

Hi Eamonn and Trish:

Thanks a lot for  your messages. If the terms “"compound treatment" and"compound treatment design" are both in an ontology, I believe mgrep will only give the longest match by default but list both terms as matches will be possible.
However, mgrep will not find them if none of them are in the ontologies you selected.

Manhong wrote the mgrep program and I believe it is possible to include that option although we may need to generate more complex dictionaries. Manhong can certainly provide better insights on this issue.

Best,

Fan