[bioontology-support] [ISAtools] RE: Annotator query

Susanna-Assunta Sansone sa.sansone at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 04:15:48 PST 2012

Hi Ray,

--

On 12/12/2012 21:55, Ray Fergerson wrote:

> Eamonn,
>
> In OBI there are two terms “treatment” and “compound treatment
> design”. If the text that you supply is “compound treatment” then this
> results in a match on the first term but not the second.

I do not get this sorry. If what you say below (about the term has to be
a synonym to be found) is the case, then I do not believe that
“compound treatment” is a  synonym of "treatment" that is why this is
found and  “compound treatment design” is not.
If the Annotator is supposed to suggest terms you have to be able to
find both “treatment” and “compound treatment design” and then you leave
the user to choose which one is more relevant to their context.

My two cents,
Susanna