[bioontology-support] Annotator query

Clement Jonquet jonquet at lirmm.fr
Fri Dec 14 06:51:05 PST 2012

Hi Eamonn,

To my knowledge, this is normal (maybe not expected) behavior.

The Annotator will get matches that are “smaller” or “exactly” equal (only exactly if using longestOnly=true) but not matches that are longer.

Otherwise a piece of text containing “melanoma” will be annotated with any kind of melanoma (e.g., skin melanoma, eye melanoma, etc..) which will be bad. In your case, what you want to use is the BioPortal search service (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search) that will get you the match “compound treatment design” in OBI for instance.

I know this might seems weird, but this is intrinsically what make the differences between “search” and “annotate” ;)

Hope it helps

Clement

Dr. Clement JONQUET  -  PhD in Informatics  -  Assistant Professor

PI of the SIFR project <http://www.lirmm.fr/sifr/> : Semantic Indexing of French Biomedical Data Resources (ANR, UM2, CNRS)

jonquet at lirmm.fr

http://www.lirmm.fr/~jonquet

                University of Montpellier                          Tel:                        +33/4 67 14 97 43

                LIRMM                                                                Fax:                        +33/4 67  41 85 00

                161 rue Ada                                                      Skype:                  clementpro
                34095 Montpellier Cdx 5                              Twitter:               @jonquet_lirmm <http://twitter.com/jonquet_lirmm>

                France                                                                 Google:               jonquet.lirmm at gmail.com