[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from David Carral

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 19 08:17:09 PST 2012

Hi David,

One way to download the ontology files is to write a script that uses the NCBO Web services, "List latest ontologies" [1] and "Download latest ontology file" [2]. Therefore you can get a list of all ontologies in BioPortal and then loop through the list to download the latest ontology file.

Trish

[1] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services#List_all_the_latest_version_of_ontologies
[2] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_REST_services#Download_the_latest_ontology_file

Trish Whetzel, PhD