[bioontology-support] Ontology identifiers, API key

Pradnya Gawade pgawade at openclinica.com
Tue Jan 24 11:13:50 PST 2012

Hi Trish,

Few questions for you or any body else on the list to answer. Thanks in
advance.

1.	I see that some of the bioportal REST web services need ontology
id and some need ontology version id as parameter depending on what they
serve. I am using my own instance of bioportal  and as far as I
understand when we upload a new ontology, both these identifiers are
generated by bioportal and we cannot edit them.

For the integration of my web application with bioportal, we wanted to
maintain the generation of dictionary identifier (we call them as
dictionary oid) on my web application side. Is it possible to accomplish
this with bioportal?

Just FYI here that we are going to maintain every individual dictionary
version as its own separate dictionary for bioportal (called "private"
ontology supported in bioportal 3.4).

2.	How to enable API key on bioportal VM image? With the VM image
we have presently, I can access the REST web services without providing
any API key, so I believe I will have to enable the API key protection
explicitly.

Thank you,

Pradnya