[bioontology-support] How to submit labels with numbers and alpha characters

Zachariah Schmidt zack at sterlingbio.com
Tue Jan 24 12:40:10 PST 2012

FYI for others who may be trying to use a number in the class name -

-The issue of starting a class name with a number seems to be the issue.

-I'm using Protege 4.x and saving to RDF/XML format.

-When I use a number as the first character in the class name I get an error
in NCBO bioPortal.

-When I use an alpha char as the first char, no error.

-Also, use of character '.' in class names causes an error in BioPortal.

The probable reason for the error is likely due to W3C XML syntax rules.
XML doesn't allow an element name to begin with a number...

-----
Zachariah Schmidt
SterlingBio