[bioontology-support] Ontology identifiers, API key

Pradnya Gawade pgawade at openclinica.com
Thu Jan 26 08:56:53 PST 2012

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

About the identifiers, where do I see the acronym for an ontology? Can I
use it with REST web services in place of ontology id and ontology
version id? From your answer it seems is should be editable, is that
correct?

About the API key enabling, I do not know which version of BioPortal we
are using on VM appliance? How can I know the version? I tried to
explore the software for it but did not get the answer. I had downloaded
it from
http://www.bioontology.org/ncbo-appliance/ncbo-appliance-v0.2.ova on
7/13/11
<http://www.bioontology.org/ncbo-appliance/ncbo-appliance-v0.2.ova%20on%
207/13/11> . Should this version have API key protection enabled on it?
If not, is there any newer version of VM appliance released which has
API key protection enabled?

Thank you,

Pradnya