[bioontology-support] annotated sentence in the result

Madani,Sina AHMadani at mdanderson.org
Thu Jan 26 12:10:29 PST 2012

So, if I have "heart failure" in multiple phrases/sentences in a paragraph (that is passed as the text to annotate) I can't differentiate the returned mapping from the phrase "past family medical history of heart failure" or the phrase "heart surgery due to heart failure" unless I count the words.
We often need to look at the context to verify the correct mapping. So in the case above, a code associated with a "family history of heart failure" would be the correct one versus a code for "history of heart failure"

Thank you Paul for clarification

Sina