[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Barry Smith

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 26 14:44:30 PST 2012

Barry,

This ontology seems to have been submitted to BioPortal with a single
property set for both definition and for synonyms. This seems unlikely to
be correct. The actual definition appears to be stored in another
property, "iao 0000115". The value of this property does appear in the UI
in both places but it is not identified in the metadata as the definition
property.

Unfortunately there is a separate problem report from the ontology author
about her not being able to access her account. When we get this latter
issue resolved she will be able to resubmit and this will perhaps clear up
the definition problem.

Ray