[bioontology-support] Ontology Help

Doug Wendel douginator2000 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 11:53:01 PST 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to upload a new ontology to the site. I uploaded a test
version to see if it was possible for the site to host it like the
other ontologies. I got an email back stating that the ontology was
successfully parsed but there's nothing that shows up on the URL that
was provided

It's been about 24 hours since I submitted it so maybe something went wrong?

A second question: Is it possible to easily manage the ontology once
it's been uploaded? I.e. I see how to submit a new ontology, but how
can I upload a new ontology file for an ontology I already submitted?

Finally, we're attempting to use the tree widget however it doesn't
seem to load ontologies supplied in the parameter field. You can
browse for ontologies once the tree object loads but it seems to throw
an "Ontology Not Found" error when supplied as a parameter. The URL it
appears to be generating looks incorrect - the REST service returns
the not found value to the tree control so maybe the interface has
changed but the widget has not?

Thanks in advance!
Doug Wendel
University of Colorado at Boulder
Department of Chemistry and BioChemistry