[bioontology-support] How to use BioPortal Rest Services

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 31 11:50:37 PST 2012

Mousumi,

Importing references to an ontology or its terms seems like a matter for
the ontology editor you are using rather than BioPortal. The Protégé
editor lets you import ontology terms directly from BioPortal in a couple
of ways. In addition you can download the ontology from BioPortal and then
import this file.

Protégé instructions for this are available at:

BP Import plugin:
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/BioPortal_Import_Plugin
BP Reference plugin:
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/BioPortal_Reference_Plugin