[bioontology-support] mappingType

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 31 15:06:40 PST 2012

Sina,

Unfortunately our mappings expert is out this week. He can provide a more
definitive answer when he returns. My belief though is that, at some point
in the past some process was run to generate lots mappings but that this
process was not "productionized". I suspect that it was a one-time effort,
probably done by a graduate student. I don't think that there is anything
that we can give you that will generate these mappings. We are currently
working on "productionizing" the LOOM (Lexical) mapping generation
process. Eventually other automated mapping generators will be
"productionized" and available with the VM. For now though I suspect that
you will have to generate any mappings you want. There is a process (REST
API) for getting the mapping into the system. There just is not a process
to decide what should be mapped to what.

Ray