[bioontology-support] Searching for a term in SNOMED

Carini, Simona Simona.Carini at ucsf.edu
Fri Jul 27 13:46:06 PDT 2012

Can anybody explain the behavior I am seeing when I search SNOMED for the term: macrolide?
Whether I type the term in the Jump To field or I use the search in ontologies function restricted to SNOMED, the
term Macrolide with ID 428787002
is not returned.
However, the term is there and I can see it if I select, "Macrolide (class of antibiotic, substance)" - ID 372480009 - and then I click on visualization.

Thank you.
Simona