[bioontology-support] REST services - JSON

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 30 16:23:16 PDT 2012

We will likely be adding a parameter for output format in the next
major version of the REST api. However, for the time being you could
try a prototype JSONP service we've set up. We won't be supporting this
service and can't guarantee it will work long-term, but you are welcome
to try it and see if it fits your needs.

Endpoint: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ajax/jsonp
Parameters:
- apikey={your api key}
- path={encoded path on the BioPortal REST service (does not work for
Annotator or Resource Index). "path" is everything after "bioportal" in
the REST url http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal. For example:
"http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/ontologies" becomes
"%2fontologies".}
- callback={optional. name of function for use with JSONP}

Paul