[bioontology-support] issues with versioning in rootpath

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 22 15:33:15 PDT 2012

Hi Darcy,

The Hierarchy web services return content from the Hierarchy database, which has only 1 version of a given ontology. This was noted in the general section for the Hierarchy Web services, but not the individual web services within this section of the documentation. This has now been updated for each specific hierarchy web service [1] and does include details on how to find out which version of an ontology is populated in the Hierarchy database. As for updates of ontology content for the hierarchy database, this is work in progress and when updated will be announced.

Trish

[1] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_REST_services#Hierarchy_Services