[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Jean-Marc Neefs

support at bioontology.org support at bioontology.org
Tue Jun 26 02:43:17 PDT 2012

Name: Jean-Marc Neefs

Email: jneef1 at its.jnj.com

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search?opt=advanced

Comment:
Dear NCBO,
I cannot find 'Homo sapiens' in the NCBI Taxonomy at NCBO. I was able to find it a couple of days ago, but your site became very slow in the last 2 days, and has lost some functionality. I can find 'Homo', but results point me to the homo/pan/gorilla group, which is not what I want to do.
This is a pressing request, as we have applications using your web services, and they have now lost functionality -- not being able to search for human is a serious loss.