[bioontology-support] Unable to find human at BioPortal

Neefs, Jean-Marc [JRDBE] JNEEF1 at its.jnj.com
Tue Jun 26 02:54:34 PDT 2012

Dear BioPortal,

We have been able to work properly with your databases until a couple of
days ago, when your site became very slow to respond. This situation is
now back to normal again, many thanks for your efforts.

However we are facing the troubling issue that we are no longer able to
find 'homo sapiens' in your version of the NCBI organismal
classification database. We can find the 'homo/pan/gorilla group', but
this is not what we are looking for.

This fails in a local application using your web services, but it fails
on your web site as well. We wish to report this, so you may investigate
if this is an isolated case, or if there may be similar issues with
other NCBO databases.

Thank you for keeping us informed about the resolution of this issue.

Best Regards,

Jean-Marc Neefs, PhD

Functional Genomics

Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson&Johnson

30 Turnhoutseweg

B-2340 Beerse

tel +32 14 60 60 84