[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from micheldumontier

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 28 15:06:29 PDT 2012

In these cases generally a user has submitted the zip file and so we
don't know what the ontology file name is. We look for a file that's
named the same as the zip minus the '.zip' extension and with a known
extension for the format that the ontology is in, for example '.owl'. If
we don't find a file that matches, we grab one at random (which works
great in the case where there is only one file in the zip but perhaps
not so well if there are more).

Paul R Alexander
Web / UI Developer
NCBO BioPortal