[bioontology-support] Fwd: IDO, etc. problem with definitions

Lindsay Cowell Lindsay.Cowell at UTSouthwestern.edu
Sun May 6 17:02:33 PDT 2012

On Apr 11, 2012, at 2:27 PM, Trish Whetzel wrote:

Based on the property specified to contain the term definition, the metrics for terms without a definition are correct. The BFO terms are counted as not having a definition since these terms use the "rdfs:comment" property for the definition and there are a few other groups of terms that do not have a definition, e.g. obsolete terms, NCBI Taxon terms.

It seems the metric should only cover IDO terms.  I think all IDO terms have definitions.

Thanks,

Lindsay

In past cases of a need to use more than 1 property to represent synonyms, e.g. different types of synonyms (abbreviation, code), the request was to represent these as sub-properties. Ray, would using sub-properties be the suggestion in this case?

Trish