Search Mailing List Archives
[bioontology-support] Support request for the Cardiovascular Research Grid project
SAGRAVA at emory.edu
Mon May 7 14:19:08 PDT 2012
So I tried doing this and was able to at least get some of the classes loaded, but when I go to Calculate Metrics, I get this error: “BioPortal returned an error: The method specified in the request is not allowed for the resource identified by the request URI”.
Do you know how to resolve this issue?
On 5/7/12 2:44 PM, "Paul R Alexander" <palexander at stanford.edu> wrote:
Unfortunately, we don't support loading ontologies from a Protege database. You can attempt to swap a Protege database back-end table with the one used in BioPortal, but it's not a straightforward process. However, if you want to give it a shot, you would need to:
1. Submit a dummy ontology file with all of the information for the real ontology. This file should be something small that will parse properly
2. Parse the dummy ontology
4. Find the version number for the dummy ontology
5. Go to the database on the Virtual Appliance and find the table that corresponds to the dummy version in the 'bioportal_protege' database
6. Note the table name (should be something like 'tbl_10000') and delete the table
7. Import your parsed version of the real ontology and rename the imported table to match the old dummy table name (ex: 'tbl_10000')
9. Using the BioPortal Admin tool: 1) calculate metrics and 2) index the ontology
Give that a shot and let me know if you run into problems.
Paul R Alexander
Web / UI Developer
Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research
On 5/7/12 10:35 AM, Trish Whetzel wrote:
I believe there is a mechanism to swap in the Protege database table into the Protege backend for BioPortal.
Paul, is this what you would recommend and/or can help Sanjay with this item?
On May 7, 2012, at 9:09 AM, Agravat, Sanjay wrote:
I have a local instance of bioportal running and I’m having a problem loading my ontology into bioportal. The ontology is stored in the protégé database so I tried uploading the .pprj file with the database located on the same server as bioportal and that didn’t work. I also tried converting the .pprj to use .pins and .ponts but that didn’t work because the upload form doesn’t take the classes or instances file as input.
I am not able to export the ontology to .owl since the ontology is very large and protégé doesn’t seem to be able to do it. Do you have any suggestions?
This e-mail message (including any attachments) is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
information. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly
If you have received this message in error, please contact
the sender by reply e-mail message and destroy all copies of the
original message (including attachments).
bioontology-support mailing list
bioontology-support at lists.stanford.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bioontology-support