[bioontology-support] Sparql BioPortal

Koul, Sunita sunita at pathology.wustl.edu
Wed May 23 13:33:02 PDT 2012

Hi,
I am trying to run some sparql queries to retrieve some data from SNOMED
Here is one of the queries that I am running which returns no result

SELECT DISTINCT *
FROM <http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT>
FROM <http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/globals>
WHERE
{
    ?x rdfs:label ?label .
    ?x rdfs:subClassOf ?parent .
    ?parent rdfs:label ?parentLabel .
    FILTER (CONTAINS ( UCASE(str(?label)), "AXONAL NEUROPATHY") && CONTAINS ( UCASE(str(?parentLabel)), "NEUROPATHY") )
}

If I go to UMLS browser for SNOMED and search for  AXONAL NEUROPATHY I get multiple results and one of them
C0270921<https://uts.nlm.nih.gov/metathesaurus.html#C0270921;0;1;CUI;2012AA;EXACT_MATCH;*> has a parent as Neuropathy.
I am hoping that the above query should return that result

Also I was wondering if someone can help me build a query that will return all the SNOMEDIDS that matches a string (say AXONAL NEUROPATHY)
Under the root "DISEASE" meaning that I need all the IDS that fall under DISEASE(not limited to immediate children) that match my term (e.g. AXONAL NEUROPATHY)

Thanks
Sunita

The materials in this email are private and may contain Protected Health Information. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return email.