[bioontology-support] mappings

Melanie Courtot mcourtot at gmail.com
Wed May 23 15:25:03 PDT 2012

Hi,

I was looking at the mappings created with the Adverse Event Reporting Ontology, and I see that in several cases, there are not really mappings, but rather reuse of external terms, either via full import (for example, of the Basic Formal Ontology) or via selective import (such as MIREOT of the OGMS's etiological process)

Would it be possible to differentiate the "real" mapping vs reuse of other URIs? I was trying to browse only the former.

Also, where can I visualize the type of mapping created? As per the Mapping documentation at http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_Mappings, different types are created, but I couldn't see this information when browsing from the page http://bioportal.bioontology.org/mappings; see for example http://bioportal.bioontology.org/mappings/show/1580?target=1332&height=600&width=800 (sorry for the link to the window, that's the only way I found to directly link to results)

Thanks,
Melanie

---
Mélanie Courtot