[bioontology-support] Questions about SPARQL endpoint

Josh Mandel jmandel at gmail.com
Fri May 25 16:01:01 PDT 2012

> Interesting I need to investigate this further. It seems that the RDF we generate is similar to what we have now in BioPortal see here:
>
> http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/RXNORM/259047
> (this information is not extracted from the triple store, it is extracted from LexEVS)

Indeed, the RDF is very similar to what you're pulling from LexEVS.
That opens up a broader question :-)

I don't know any easy approach here other than materializing the atoms
themselves, either as URI nodes or BNodes -- e.g.

    rxnorm:259047 umls:hasAtom [
      rxnorm:ORIG_COE "00326";
      rxnorm:ORIG_SOURCE "NDDF"
    ],[
      rxnorm:ORIG_COE "MTHU005081";
      rxnorm:ORIG_SOURCE "MMX"
    ],[
      rxnorm:ORIG_COE "0338-0500";
      rxnorm:ORIG_SOURCE "VANDF"
    ],

I suppose the triple store gives you a pretty flexible environment in
which to explore this kind of thing...

  -J