[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Helen Parkinson

support at bioontology.org support at bioontology.org
Mon May 28 02:36:05 PDT 2012

Name: Helen Parkinson

Email: parkinson at ebi.ac.uk

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search?query=D dimer &commit=Search

Comment:
Dear Bioportal dev team,

I am querying for hemoglobin related term in MeSH. I have 100 of 1806 displayed. None of the terms are what I want. I would like to

1. exclude exact string matches to the label and syns
2. download all the matches in a tab delimited txt file
3. refilter the list for a selection of additional terms which I expect to find

These are good examples of the use cases we discussed in person at the EBI. At this point I can't see any of the terms which are not in the top 100, so I need to get the MeSH OWL file to continue investigating. This is particularly a problem for large ontologies

regards

Helen