[bioontology-support] Question about BioPortal REST services

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:56:51 PST 2012

Hi,

I really like the REST service! Seems really powerful and very useful.
I also like that there is plenty of documentation here:
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_REST_services

However, I'm a bit confused by some of the info on that page. Looking
at this sub-section (under the Term services section):
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_REST_services#Get_term.2C_including_its_properties.2C_subclasses.2C_and_superclasses

in particular, the 'Virtual signature' includes an '{ontology virtual
id}', which isn't specified in the examples. The point of this
signature is to always use the most recent version of the ontology, so
the id shouldn't really be necessary... i.e. the default, when no
ontology version id is given should be to use the most recent
version... I guess.

Nothing I've tried seems to work here...

Ahh... I think I've just worked it out!

'{ontology virtual id}' should read '{ontology id}' ... I'll correct the wiki.

Cheers,
Dan.