[bioontology-support] password changes and more

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 13 10:07:22 PST 2012

Hi Maureen,

In addition to the BioPortal Web interface for viewing ontologies and posting comments on ontologies, there are also a number of Web services [1] to access the ontology content programmatically for use in third-party software applications. The Web service access is available for both private and public ontologies. Here is a link to a recent tutorial on the NCBO Web services [2].

I've confirmed the issue with the update password form and have created a bug report.

Trish

[1] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services
[2] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_Web_Services_and_the_Development_of_Semantic_Applications

On Nov 13, 2012, at 6:45 AM, Fallon, Maureen wrote:

> I am having some interesting results when I try to change my password. I will make the change, after login of course, and the header will indicate, password successfully changed. When I log in later, the password is not recognized. However if I request a new one, and use that one later (random upper and lower case letters) it works. Please advise.
> Also, I am working on a new private ontology for now, using the Protégé 3.4.8 and BioPortal import plugin. I like the feature better than other import mechanisms. If I put the ontology on the BioPortal as private, will there be greater functionality for the BioPortal services. At this time I do have an API key, but have not had to use it. I look at the discussions every day and see that many other users are referring to REST services that use the key.
>
> Maureen
> GO HOKIES!!!

Trish Whetzel, PhD
Outreach Coordinator