[bioontology-support] Problem with subtreerootconceptid in REST request

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:23:47 PST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to do a REST search with subtreerootconceptid [1] because
my search term 'Alignment' matches several branches of the EDAM
ontology. For example:
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search?apikey=sekret&ontologyids=1498&isexactmatch=true&query=Alignment

Returns the following three concepts:
* EDAM_data:1916
* EDAM_topic:0083
* EDAM_operation:2928

In this particular search, I only want to return concepts in the
'topic' branch of the EDAM ontology, so I'm trying the following (and
various permutations thereof):
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search?apikey=sekret&ontologyids=1498&isexactmatch=true&query=Alignment&subtreerootconceptid=EDAM_topic%3A0003

Nothing I've tried seems to work, returning zero hits instead of the
previous three. This seems to be the right way to specify the 'topic'
branch, being the subtree of the topic node:
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/47814/?p=terms&conceptid=EDAM_topic%3A0003

Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks for any suggestions,
Dan.